Choosing the right nozzle for your hoover can be a challenge. There are many different types of nozzles available, each designed for specific types of floors and cleaning needs.
The combi nozzle is a versatile squeegee that can be used on smooth floors as well as carpets and rugs. This makes the combi nozzle ideal if you have different types of floors in your home. Use the switch to switch between the two modes.
The parquet brush is designed for smooth floors. If you have laminate, stone or gravel floors, choose a parquet brush with nylon bristles. For parquet, marble or other floors that are easily damaged, choose a parquet brush with horsehair. This is because horse hairs are gentle on your floor and prevent damage.
Turbo suction brush
The turbo brush is designed for high-pile carpets. Its strong suction makes the brush rotate, beating hairs and dirt out of the carpet. Be careful not to use this brush on smooth floors, as it might damage them.
Dog and cat hair brush
The dog and cat hair brush is especially suitable for cleanly removing pet hair. It has a large velour strip on it, which ensures that hairs come off more easily. This brush is useful for cleaning fabric sofas and other fabric surfaces where pet hair easily settles.
Different nozzle sizes
It is important to choose the right size nozzle for your hoover. Each manufacturer has its own diameter, but the most common sizes are 32mm and 35mm. Below is an overview of sizes by brand:
- Miele: Always 35mm (parking position does depend on type)
- Bosch: usually 35mm but sometimes 32mm (note: some models have a specific connection that does not fit a universal nozzle)
- Siemens: usually 35mm but sometimes 32mm (note: some models have a specific connection that does not fit a universal nozzle)
- Dirt Devil: usually 35mm
- Nilfisk: 32mm
- AEG: 32mm (note: some Aeg models have an oval connection)
- Electrolux: 32mm (note: some Electrolux models have an oval connection)
- Philips: 32mm, but newer hoovers sometimes have 35mm
- Bestron: 32mm
- Moulinex: 32mm (Note that this does not apply to electrical brushes)
- Rowenta: 32mm (Note that this does not apply to electrical brushes)
- Dyson: always depends on type and model